At the beginning of the Fall Semester I wrote down 14 goals for the 14 weeks of the semester. Now, the Semester has finally come to a close.
The time has come to share which goals I reached, fell short of, and excelled over. Here’s the updates about my goals!
- Be able to run 1 mile non-stop in under 10 minutes. (Quick explanation: I have a lot of health problems in my knees and hips and lungs, and I’ve never been able to run for more than a quarter of a mile non-stop.) – Update: I did not have as much time to go to the gym as I planned on having. However, I ran 3/4 of a mile on November 7th. I’m calling that an accomplishment! ✓
- Hike up to the cross on the mountain next to school at least twice – Update: Half completed! I reached the top of the cross once throughout this Semester, again due to not having enough time. 1/2 complete!
- Add at least 10lbs to every exercise I do at the gym – Update: Did not even come close. After the first month, I ran out of time to go to the gym as regularly as I planned on.
- Get at least a B in Global Studies and Intro to Christianity (my most difficult subjects right now) – Update: While I am still waiting for my final grade in Intro to Christianity to be posted, I am proud to announce that I was successful in getting a B in Global Studies! Calling that complete. ✓
- Get a passport – Update: nope.
- Get at least 250 page views on this blog in a month – Update: Completed in September! Now currently averaging about 5,000 page views per month. And I bought my own domain and hosting! Very proud. ✓
- Buy 1 pair of real yoga pants – Update: I did it! ✓
- Wear my bangs off my face more often – Update: I’ve started doing this so often that people no longer do a double take when they look at me and my bangs are back. ✓
- Register for under 17 credits next term – Update: Currently registered for 16 credits! ✓
- Use my planner & post-it calendar everyday – Update: Every day, every assignment, went in my planner, post-it calendar, and assignment schedule! Really helped to keep me on track. ✓
- Launch the new website for my work – Update: In the process of doing that! We have a calendar set up and it should be up and running by the end of my winter break!
- Don’t get sick more than once – Update: Success! Only got sick to the point of going home and skipping class once. ✓
- Master my winged eyeliner – Update: Some days, yes… some days, no. Winged eyeliner is a complicated science.
- Print out more pictures for my wall – Update: Doing that as I type this! ✓
Bonus goal: Survive Tech Week. – Update: Success! And, I didn’t get sick from it. ✓
Total Goals Completed / Goals Set: 12.5/15
Do you keep goals? Do they help you keep on track or motivated? Tell me about it in the comments below!