As some of you might know… I love Disneyland.
On one of my most recent trips, I finally tried one of Disneyland’s most famous and sought after drinks: the Mint Julep mocktail. Loved it.
Since our last trip there, my boyfriend and I have both been craving a Mint Julep so we decided to take whack at creating our own.. with a little spin. Personally, I love strawberries. Favorite fruit of all time, by far. So we decided to make a twist on the Mint Julep by mixing it with some homemade Strawberry Lemonade creating a Strawberry Mint Julep Mocktail.
Truthfully, we had no idea how this was going to turn out. Also truthfully, it was delicious.
For this recipe I decided to use Born Sweet® Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener to add the sweetness. I have found that Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener is a great way to add sweetness to your coffees, smoothies, fruit, teas, and other foods and drinks with no calories. It’s a great solution for those who want to incorporate a zero calorie sweetener into their healthier lifestyle without compromising a sweet taste. Get a free sample of Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener here and check out the Where to Buy page to see where you can get the product in a store near you.
I also decided to use fresh fruit instead of concentrated fruit juices or store bought lemonades, because it’s more fun and better for you.
We had fun making this and hope you do too! Here’s the recipe:
Strawberry Mint Julep
Time: 10 – 15 minutes. Yields: 2 servings.
For the Strawberry Lemonade Portion:
- 5 packets of Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about one and a half large lemons, depending)
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 2 large strawberries
For the Mint Julep Portion:
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons fresh chopped mint leaves
- 6 packets of Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener
- 1/4 cup water
- Crushed ice
- Mint leaves to garnish
1. Place 1/4 cup water, 6 packets of Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener, and the fresh chopped mint leaves in a small pot.
2. Bring to a boil for 1 – 2 minutes and then remove. Set aside to cool.
3. Place the strawberries, 1 packet of Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener, and 1/4 cup water into a blender. Blend until strawberries become juice.
4. Combine the strawberry juice in a small pitcher with the lemon juice and remaining water and Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener packets. Stir until well mixed.
5. Place crushed ice in 2 glasses (or if you want to get fancy you can freeze the glasses before) and pour in the strawberry lemonade into both. Once the mint and sweetener solution has cooled pour it into both drinks. Stir and serve with extra mint leaves for garnish.
This drink is a refreshing twist on two favorites: strawberry lemonade and mint juleps. Enjoy!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.