This assignment calendar is the perfect way to organize your work and never miss a due date.. great for students both in college and high school!

I believe that there’s an art in preparing for a new semester.

Ok, maybe saying that it’s anย artย is a bit over dramatic… but there’s definitely something to be said about how the preparation in the first couple weeks of a semester can help make or break your organization. I have previously shared my tips for preparing for a new semester of classes, as well as the different ways that I organize my assignments using an assignment schedule, day planners, post-it note calendar, and more.

However, this semester it was a little different. As I sat down with my syllabus’ (syllabi?) to create my assignment schedule, I found myself craving a new form of organization. Through my day planners and Google Calendar, I have gotten so used to seeing things scheduled out in a calendar form, it felt strange laying out my assignment schedule in a list form instead.

So, I created the assignment calendar. This is kind of like the assignment schedule version 2.0, new and improved. It works like a charm.

The SpreadsheetSpreadsheet

Creation

Of course, I use Microsoft Excel to create a spreadsheet for this. What a surprise, right? I love spreadsheets.

I made this spreadsheet look like a calendar, so that I could organize my assignments into specific days. Days in which I don’t have school are greyed out, my spring break is highlighted in blue, and I deleted the weekend days because this semester I don’t have any classes with any assignments due on the weekends.

Don’t want to go through the process of making your own? I have a template you can download below!

Use

After creating this spreadsheet, with a box for each day of the semester, I sat down with my class syllabus’ and started to input my assignments. I have synesthesia so color coding is my best friend. I use the same color code for my classes throughout my Google Calendars and my planners, so it only makes sense for me to extend this to my assignment schedule.

I inputted the assignments on the days which they are due. This was so that if I wake up on Tuesday morning panicking that I didn’t do any homework last night, I can take a look at the day on my assignment calendar to see what is due that day.

The CalendarBeing Used

After the spreadsheet was completed, I printed it out and hung it right next to my desk. I also keep a copy saved on the desktop of my computer so that I can access it when I’m not at my desk as well.

As each day passes by, I cross off the day so that I can still see it if need be but I know that it has passed.

This calendar has been so helpful in helping me keep track of all school assignments without having to reference every single syllabus each day.

Download It!

Want to try the assignment calendar for yourself, without the hassle of making a spreadsheet?

Download a template here!

Download

This template has months February 2016 – May 2016 on it, and is super easy to copy/paste if you need to add more months or days for your specific semester.

If you like it, let me know in the comments below and maybe I’ll continue to offer these for future semesters!

What’s your #1 trick to stay on top of school assignments?ย

SigLine

Assignment Calendar + Free Download

13 thoughts on “Assignment Calendar + Free Download

• February 17, 2016 at 12:54 am

YAY! This is awesome! Thanks Dani ๐Ÿ™‚

• February 18, 2016 at 9:11 am

I love this idea! I’m still in high school, but I use a teacher planner that has a format similar to this, with boxes for each day of the week, school-subject lines, and an extra side bar for other notes. I love having every assignment on one page, without having to flip through each syllabus. Thanks so much for sharing these spreadsheets!

• February 19, 2016 at 12:14 pm

That sounds great! You’re on a great track to be super organized for college, good job! I also agree, having everything on one page is a huge time and stress saver.. glad you liked the spreadsheets!

• April 24, 2016 at 9:21 pm

This is AMAZING- Thanks so much for making this. Could you make more for future semesters?

• April 26, 2016 at 11:24 am

Absolutely! I’m glad there is an interest for it, I’ll be sure to make and post future semesters of this. Make sure to keep an eye out for it ๐Ÿ™‚

• May 17, 2016 at 1:35 pm

This is so incredible, thank you!! My summer classes just started, and I’m wondering if you had any tips for making a summer calendar (March through August) on my own, or if you have one that’s been done already? Thank you again! Have a great day!

• May 17, 2016 at 2:14 pm

Hey Kaitlen! Glad you like it!
      I was planning on launching a big download with the entire school year in calendar form starting in August… but I totally forgot about Summer classes, that’s a great idea!
      Stay tuned and I’ll make sure to have one created and posted by the end of the week (tomorrow hopefully, if I can get it all together in time) for you! I’ll make it a big combo with the entire year in one file so it’s easier for everybody.

Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any other comments, questions, or ideas!! I love to hear them and I’d love to chat with you: [email protected]

• June 4, 2016 at 6:32 pm

Thank you SO much for this assignment calendar, and thanks for all your tips in general!!! I will be starting my first year of college in the Fall and I am so nervous yet excited! Your blog is so helpful and I will DEFINITELY be utilizing the calendar and other suggestions you have made. Thanks for everything!!!

• June 4, 2016 at 7:05 pm

I’m glad that I could be of help, Samantha! Congratulations on starting college, that’s awesome! I hope that I continue to help you out and that you stay in touch and keep checking in around here.
      If you have any questions about anything or any ideas on future posts please never hesitate to reach out!!

• August 6, 2016 at 9:05 am

OMG, this is GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love planning and this is perfect, can you PLEASE make one for FALL ’16 as it is approaching!!!!!!!! this is amazingggg!!!!

• August 6, 2016 at 3:19 pm

Aww thank you Paola, I’m glad you like it! I will definitely be making one for the upcoming school year very soon ๐Ÿ™‚

• January 12, 2017 at 7:36 pm

Hi! I was wondering if you can create a tutorial as to how you made the calendar? I love how you made this one, but also wanted to know how you guys manage to make these accustomed to specific needs